Construction Schedule And Order Of Works
Let us assume that your builder had received the building permit from your local authority.
The following is a list of works required to build a concrete swimming pool and listed in the usual sequence of events.
- Collect approved plans and engineering drawings from Local Government.
- Obtain approval from Water Corporation to check sewers and plumbing.
- Set out pool with client and earthworks contractors.
- Arrange delivery of steel reinforcing bars and form work materials.
- Supervise excavation of pool.
- Obtain cartage and tip fee records from earthworks contractor.
- Construct form work using timber posts, iron sheets and form board.
- Tie steel reinforcing bars inside pool shell as per engineer details.
- Install skimmer box and intrusions for pipework.
- Install concrete using concrete pump truck and concrete supplier.
- Install pipework from skimmer box to filter location.
- Arranged gas plumber and/or electrician for heating.
- Place back fill sand around the pool shell and arrange pencil compaction.
- Supply and install waterline tiles and step treads on steps and ledges.
- Supply and install bull nose coping brick on the pool edge.
- Arrange electrician to supply power to filtration site.
- Arrange a site clean-up and remove builders rubbish.
- Supply and install filtration equipment and heater if applicable.
- Install swimming pool fencing prior to internal pool plaster.
- Pressure clean pool shell before plaster interior.
- Supply and install interior quartz plaster.
- Fill pool with water.
- Arrange initial chemical treatment and equipment start-up.
- Instruct client on pool equipment and handover ownership to client.
- Provide warranty and completion certificate.
Landscaping works such as paving and gardens can be integrated into this schedule.