The quality ranges from free giveaway pool covers with poor quality usually offered to help close your purchase, to individually designed quality covers with at least a 10 year warranty.
- Pool blankets are now compulsory due to local government rules.
- The purpose of a cover is basically to reduce evaporation, heat up the pool and also to prevent rubbish from finding its way into the pool.
- Of course a pool cover or blanket only does this job when the client remembers to put the cover on the pool.
- The cover is the same shape as the pool and floats on the surface of the water.
- A pool blanket looks like a bubble wrap plastic sheet.
- The materials vary in strength and are measured by thickness and a good guide is the warranty offered.
- A standard pool size cover will cost around $500 plus the roller.
- There is a wide range of rollers to assist with removal and also store the cover when it has been removed from the pool.
- Rollers range in price from $500- $1200. Some are metal and others are plastic.
- There are several manufacturers however I suggest you investigate Elite Pool covers and Daisy pool covers.
- The quality is high from both and they are Western Australian companies.
Hideaway in ground covers and rollers
- It is possible to have a cover and roller built in the ground and hidden from view.
- Elite have a quality product with an aluminium box in the ground and a choice of attractive flush mounted lids that are located in the pool surround paving.
- An automatic winder to remove the pool blanket and roll it into the box is also available.
- The product price is a function of size and installation degree of difficulty.
- A guide for a hideaway cover supplied and installed is $8000 for an average size pool.
- Obviously for an individually designed concrete pool with a unique shape, the cover is designed and priced individually to suit the pool.
Hard rigid covers for pools
- Motorized hard covers are available and are designed to be strong enough to walk over the pool.
- The automated motorized covers are similar to the action of roller doors and retract into a section of the pool so the cover is completely out of site.
- The covers are made up of flexible sections and are available in a range of colours.
- Solar heating will be more efficient with a clear blue hard cover.
- Prices are on application and can be $25000+.
- The pool designer will need to design the pool with an allowance for the concrete cover section as part of the structure.
- Elite pool covers in Western Australia have working models in their display office in Balcatta.